I'm not making any New Year's Resolutions this year because I never get far with losing that extra 5 kgs or drinking less or whatever.
Blah! so over that. This year I've decided to instead focus on some of the goals I have in my life that I hope to accomplish:
1. Complete my BTech with a distinction. Well I am in the process of doing do so: I 've registered for Btech for this year so I've made the move towards getting my degree but keeping my marks above 70 percent is that hard part but what I hope to do.
2. Get my Driver's License. I refuse to write my Learner's License a third time so with it expiring this year I absolutely need to get more comfortable in the Driver's seat and overcome my fear of driving with other people on the road.
3. Improve in my journalism. I often feel like my writing needs a lot more polishing but I suppose that will come with time and experience and of course writing more - which means I gotta to regularly sit down and blog about some of the thoughts running around in my head. Get a permanent job in journalism. Write more reviews. Read more autobiographies and non-fiction stories.
4. Join a running club. I like to run but I think sometimes once or twice a week is enough. A daily habit produces results and will help me shed this stubborn 5 kgs. I think that if I join a running club, I'll be forced to put my runners on and get on with it. A personal best in my 10 kays and start training for Two Oceans are some goals I hope to achieve in my running.
5. Be better mom. Spend more one-on-one quality time with my little girl, run around together, give her more undivided attention, get less frustrated and annoyed, display firmness in my discipline but not overtly so, sometimes show some tough love. Love her and love her again.
|My little person and I|